Sunday, April 13, 2008

Unpacking the Air Shipment

I thought my firefighter gear was in my sea shipment but it really was in the airshipment. I felt happy because it was my favorite toy and I liked it so much. And I though the same thing about my connectors/tinker toys - they were really in the air shipment.



I had an American Flag in a box in the air shipment and I taped it up for my mom. But my mom found it in the air shipment! It was wrapped up and then it was taped with tape. I actually didn't want to give it to mom as a present. I wanted to make a little hole in the wall and put it in the wall so I can always remember what the Seattle flag looks like. We will try to find a picture of the Zambian flag.

There is a yellow bird and there are three stripes on it: one red, one yellow, one black. The rest of it I think is green. There maybe is a star on it. I think maybe no, maybe yes.


This is a list of all the things I can remember what was in the air shipment:


tinkertoys


fire fighter gear


american flag


swimming noodles


black shorts for my PE kit (uniform)


boat books for Finn


pictures - pictures of Ruby


air mattress


BMX tires

Finny's scuttlebug




We found a 'Roomerang' in the air shipment. When you throw it and you point it straight it goes around all around and sometimes you can catch it. When you throw it sideways, it just flies all over the place...sometimes it comes right back to you! Sometimes it goes back behind the couch. It is soft and it is an inside toy or an outside toy. It was my surprise from the Museum of Flight! You might be able to catch it but I haven't catched it.


I wish that Ruby came with us. SHE would be my favorite toy on the plane. Ruby is our dog - she is a black lab; we didnt' bring her because we thought the flight would be too long. She is at our friend Molly's house - they have one baby and two grown ups. They are going to have another baby, too. (here is a picture of ruby - she is tired out from running around with our friends on Bainbridge Island...after this fun we brought her to Molly, Jim and Maggie's house! boo hoo!)






PS We looked up about the flag and found this out:
"The flag of Zambia was adopted in October 24, 1964. It was slightly modified in 1996. The green on the flag stands for natural resources and the red symbolizes the struggle for freedom, the black for the people of Zambia, and the orange for mineral wealth. The eagle represents the people's ability to rise above the nation's problems."


(wikipedia)


if you want to learn more about Zambia you can click on this link - you can even listen to the Zambian anthem!





3 comments:

Kathi of Clan Church said...

Yay for your air shipment! I'm so glad you have some of your toys to play with again. I bet those noodles will be especially fun to use in the pool in your new place.

I know you must really miss Ruby. I'm sure that Molly and her family are taking very good care of her and giving her lots of love. Can you imagine if Ruby saw the pool you'll have in your new house? I remember how tough it was to get her to leave the frog pool when you and Hank wanted to play in it! With a big pool like you'll have now, she would never want to get out! :)

Teresa said...

I can't imagine you without your firefighter gear! Good thing it was in the air shipment. The Roomerang sounds cool. Tell me when you finally learn to catch it. The kindergartners at Sanislo are finally getting some computer time. It is only once a week for five weeks but hey, that is better than nothing! They can only see your blog on my computer (the one under the clock). I will try to share
this post with them tomorrow at lunch time.
(: Mrs. Goethe

TimeWellSaved said...

Your blog makes me miss Ruby too!