Sunday, April 6, 2008

The New School Day

I like it when people write to me. And if you know me you can tell some of our friends that I don’t know. You can let me meet them, then you can tell them that I have a blog!

I go to AIS – that means the American International School – in Lusaka. These are the names that I remember from my class: Teresa, Nora, Sebastian, Max, Aislyn, Sophie. There are Sophies are at Sanislo! My teacher’s name is Mrs. Jeffery. She doesn’t do anything silly….well, sometimes she does but I don’t know what.



The older kids than me are eighteen! The littlest kids are three. We don’t play with the older kids or the preschoolers. The preschoolers don’t go to the same playground. This is a different playground (for the kindergarten)…maybe we are going to get a basketball hoop at our playground. I have a friend in the school; her name is Vivian. And Finny has the same friend.

In my kindergarten class, we did math, writing, writing about garbage. That’s it. We did library – we got to pick one book to take home. The name of it is “The Young Astronomer.” You need a balloon to do one of the science ‘experients.’ You cover it with newspaper – the whole balloon; you paint it yellow; then you glue cotton on (the cotton is dyed red and yellow); then it is done. It is a SUN! The real sun is gas; it is the closest star to Planet Earth.





The AIS Primary School Library

6 comments:

Teresa said...

Hi Owen,
You really have this blogging thing down! I liked your explanation of your homework. The writing about garbage; could that have been tied into Earth day awareness? Hey, I like that name Teresa, pretty cool!
Mrs. Goethe

Kathi of Clan Church said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kathi of Clan Church said...

Owen, it sounds like you are already busy learning and having fun at your new school. I'm really looking forward to seeing even more pictures of AIS and your friends there. Your school library looks really light and sunny.

Hank wanted you to know that we just got back from the Burien library and brought home 18 books! Carrying them counted as my arm exercises for the day :)

katiemags said...

Hi Owen, it's Ellie M. from Sanislo! I really like your blog. Especially the pictures of the animals. And mostly I like the lions a lot. We went to the zoo today. And we saw a jaguar. It rained a little bit, then it stopped, then it rained again! I went on a horse on the carousel and Calvin went on a horse too! I miss you.

Carolyn said...

Hi Owen,

I found your blog through Mrs. Goethe's blog. I look forward to reading more about your adventures in Africa.

I'm a mom living in North Vancouver, Canada. I stay home and look after my little girl who is three years old. I hope she writes as well as you do one day.

I would invite you to visit my blog, but maybe ask your mom or dad first. I post fun pictures of the weather around here sometimes, but I also write about being a mommy and how I get frustrated from time to time. You probably don't want to read those parts!

Have a great day and keep working hard in school.

TimeWellSaved said...

Hey O! Your school sounds really neat. I like the picture of the classroom because the room looks very big and roomy. And I want to hear more about the garbage.