Monday, March 31, 2008

The crocodile day


There were lots of bumps on the second road we drove on to the reptile farm. There were two kinds of roads with bumps, we had to go very slowly. Before we had lunch we looked at snakes. The green mamba snake had a chick in its enclosure with a window and the other window inside that we didn’t see you put things in it like little live chicks.


One of the crocodiles had its mouth open. Maybe it was asleep, but maybe it wasn’t. And we saw some crocodiles really close by the wall where we can see them. After we went to the market we saw them and this is what we got at the market: I got my self a crocodile, I got a Hank an elephant and Finny got a little elephant that is his size.

5 comments:

jeanvye said...

Man, oh man! Crocodiles! And Elephants and other exotic animals. You're having quite an adventure. I'm glad you are moving to your new house and starting your new school. I know you'll like it (and they will like you!) Lots of new things are happening to you. While you are enjoying the sunshine - its snowing in Seattle! All the spring flowers are out - in the snow. We miss you.

Kathi of Clan Church said...

Owen - you are so nice to get Hank an elephant! Now I realize that THAT'S what you were trying to tell me over the phone this weekend, you silly goofball!

Did the crocodiles make any noises? Do they hiss? Do you think they get upset when other crocodiles crawl over them?

Teresa said...

That poor little chick! Ah well, that is the reality of the food chain. Were the crocodiles stinky? I remember going to a reptile farm somewhere in the U.S. when I was a kid not much older than you, Owen. It made a BIG impression on me. In two words: Exercise CAUTION!

TimeWellSaved said...

Oooh, those crocs are big! Did they run really fast? Did they look at you and wave and ask you to feed them a snack? (insert Rachael's crazy voice here) "Hey Owen, it's Mrs. Crocodile. Will you feed me a cracker please?".

Bijan said...

Hi, Owen. This is Bijan. I miss you. I wish i could go to the crocodile farm with you. That looked like crazy fun. I hope you come back soon.