Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Packing up...the bike


We packed my bike (and everything else) on February 29th. We put my bike in a cardboard box.

They put it in a truck and took it away to a storage place. After a few days they put most of our things including my bike into a container in Seattle.

Then, they put the container on a train and sent it to New York. Right now it is waiting in New York - waiting for a ship. The ship with my container will travel across the ocean and down to South Africa. Then the container goes from Durban SA on a train or a truck up to Zambia. The trip will take 2 months.



My bmx bike tires are in a different shipment that comes to Zambia by airplane. Our air shipment is coming to Lusaka in ten days.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Owen, this is great. Can't wait to read your blog to marina.

Two months is a long time to wait for your bike.

Scott said...

Owen,

I'm so glad you have a blog. Rachael and I can't wait to see more pictures of where you are staying.

Scott

Painted Moon said...

Love your blog Owen. I will show matty and sarah in the morning. Matty made you a card after you left and I need to send you the airplane poster from my kitchen. Send me your address when you can!
The Dunhams

nana said...

Owen, I think I have finally figured how to leave a comment! I love reading your comments and the pictures you take! keep on taking them and writing!
Love, Nana